Health Licences and Registration

What types of licences do I need?

If you want to open a licensed establishment to supply or sell alcohol, you will need an Alcohol Licence under the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012. 

If you would like to prepare or sell food your business will need to be registered under the Food Act 2014.

Camping grounds, hairdressers, amusement devices (like ferris wheels), and general hawking also require registration. 

Depending on your proposal, you may need a combination of licences.  Events can involve any or all of Council's licences and consents.  Please consult our Events page to see which ones will apply to you. 

Get started by selecting one of the licensing options:

Alcohol Licensing
Food Premises Registration
Other Licences or Registration

All premises providing self-supplied drinking water (camping grounds, food premises) need to make sure the water is safe to drink.  Here's some information about private water supplies -


South Wairarapa District Council