Health Licences and Registration

What types of licences do I need?

If you want to open a licensed establishment to supply or sell alcohol, you will need a Liquor Licence under the Sale of Liquor Act 1989.  If you would like to prepare or sell food you will need Food Premise Registration under the Hygiene Act 1956.  Camping grounds, hairdressers, amusement devices (like ferris wheels), and general hawking also require registration.  Depending on your proposal, you may need a combination of licenses.  Events can involve any or all of Council's licenses and consents.  Please consult our Events page to see which ones will apply to you.  Get started by selecting one of the licensing options:

Alcohol Licensing
Food Premise Registration
Other Licences or Registration